I’ve tried a good number of brownie recipes over the years, and eventually I stumbled upon one that worked out so good I never looked back. If I could only remember where I found said recipe, I would totally give that person all the credit they deserve.. because these brownies are effin’ delicious. They’re sweet, but not terribly sweet because of the cocoa powder. If you like a sweet brownie add a bit more sugar.
Here is everything that goes into the brownies: Butter, Cocoa Powder, Vanilla Extract, Sugar, Flour, Eggs, & Salt (not pictured).
Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. I used to be skeptical about lining pans with parchment paper until I tried it. Its a game changer, y’all.
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
Take a small pot and put about two inches of water in. Bring the water to a simmer. On top of that pot put a glass bowl or a stainless steel bowl. You just made a makeshift double boiler.
Melt the butter and cocoa powder together. Stirring. Don’t stop. Then eventually add in the sugar a little at time. Stirring until mostly smooth. Stir in the salt.
You could probably do this in the microwave at 30 second intervals, if you felt like doing it that way.
Take the chocolate and sit it aside for 3-5 minutes. Now is a good time to gather up the rest of your ingredients.
Whisk in one egg one at time. Then add in the vanilla. Mix in your flour a little at time.
Pour into the pan. Bake ’em for 20 – 25 minutes.
Serve with ice cream or just eat them alone, but they’re best with some ice cream. I hope you agree.
- 10 TBS Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup + 2 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Melt butter & cocoa powder together over a double boiler. Constantly stirring until smooth.
- Stir in sugar a little at a time until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in salt.
- Set chocolate mixture aside for about 5 minutes. Take this time to prep the rest of your ingredients.
- Whisk in 1 egg at a time until completely mixed in.
- Whisk in vanilla extract.
- Add flour a little at a time.
- Pour batter into the pan. Use a rubber spatula to evenly distribute the batter amongst the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes. Use a toothpick to determine doneness - if it comes out clean, then it is done.
- Cool and then cut up into squares.
- These brownies are not as sweet as regular every day brownies. So, if you would like them a bit sweeter, add in a bit more sugar.